Sunday, April 17, 2011

NAB


This past week JD has been out of town for the NAB show in Las Vegas, NV. It is the largest conference in the world showing the latest and greatest in TV, radio, video, recording, etc. You name it and they have it there. It's one of JD's favorite weeks on the planet. I know that he was really excited to go this year because the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus was going to be on display at the show. He's always wanted to have a mobile studio like this tour bus (to a much smaller scale of course). It's pretty awesome from what he's told me about it. They go around to different locations and can record, edit and produce a final audio project all out of the bus. It's got the best equipment available and it's just incredible. To learn more about it visit their website. Someday I just might let him buy a bus....It's just today is not that day


JD is what we like to call a techno nerd...Really! For example when we are watching a show that has any kind of microphone in it JD begins to drool and spits off how great the microphone is because of the capsule and the whatever? It all goes over my head but he has an eye for that kind of techno stuff. It's kind of funny because we get excited about such different things when we watch a show. I'm saying things like "they totally pronounced the name of the drug incorrectly..." and he's saying "I can't believe they are using such a cheap microphone on this show..." He's pretty funny that way. Speaking of microphones, JD has a TON of them. You could say that he' s a collector. He recently bought a cool one called the Spark I think it's pretty nice microphone but the reason I like it is because it looks really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment