Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

Saturday morning at 10:00 Manti City held their annual easter egg hunt and I decided that I wanted to go to it with my nephews. I invited my sister-in-law Brittney to join me for the event. She was more than willing to go.
Zachary was so funny. After we arrived at the park he puts his hands in his pockets and checks everything out. It was pretty cute! Just look at the concentration in his face. Brittney then gave him his Ducky umbrella and he was set to go.
John announces the event every year (mostly to keep the kids and believe it or not the PARENTS in line). Everybody waits behind the yellow tape until about five minutes before the hunt begins. There are four different sections split up by age groups so that ten year old don't clobber two year olds for a chocolate egg. It works out really well. Before everyone startes John reviews a few rule and tells the croud to do silly things to see if they can follow directions such as "If you like candy raise your right hand...Show me how a bunny hops...If you want candy run in place..etc" He makes the kids raise their right hand resite an oath that says things like "I will walk and I will not push or shove others while they are gathering candy." He also makes the parents raise their right hand and recite an oath that they will also walk to the designated location and will follow rules like "I will not eat ALL of my children's candy"
My nephews Jordan and Zachary are one and two years old so they went to the 0-3 year old section - They let partents help the children in this section for obvious reasons. A few minutes before the event started John let everyone surround the perimeter of their age groups area. One lady said to John "We really need to start this event my little boy is only one and he can't wait any longer." We all looked over at her like "REALLY !!" John's pretty quick about stuff like that and he says to her "Well that is why he has a parent with him!" It was too funny. I think that it's okay to learn a little patience even if you are only one year old.This is a little boy that was at the easter egg hunt. He looked so cute and bundled up I had to snap a picture. He reminded me of Ralphe's little brother Randy on a Christmas Story "I can't put my arms down!" This is Jordan-meister enjoying his sucker and playing on the slide at the park Zachary made the funniest face as he was headed up the jungle gym to go down the slide. I might have to print the one in the midde because it's just hillarious!


Last we headed over to the swings! They were a blast! Those little guys are so much fun. It was a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment