Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blog Book

I have been truly inspired by my friend Becky this week. She has made the cutest book from posts she puts on her blog. It is a hard bound book and was digitally scrap booked. What a great memory for her family to have about all of the fun things she has done in the last year along her thoughts on life. This is her first "year book" and she will make many more volumes in the future. The website that she used to make her book is http://www.blurb.com/. The software for it is free to download, you make your book at your own convenience and then when it's finished you pay them to publish it. It was really affordable and looks fabulous. Here is a few of the pages that Becky made for her book

I have never been very good at keeping a journal but I do a little bit of a better job at keeping up with my blog. I am going to follow her example and make a book myself. I started mine yesterday and Have so many ideas of how I will document my life. I am more excited about keeping track of my personal history now more than I have ever been. Thanks Becky!

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do this or a while but I just haven't gotten started. Thanks for the link, I'll have to look into it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant FOR a while. Sheesh, I even have to proofread my comments before I hit send!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like the idea! I'm so honored--though the idea was NOT initially my own! But hey--YOU'RE WELCOME! I'm excited to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree..what a great way to record your history! And so much prettier, too! Good luck! I hope to start ours soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! i have been printing the pages out and just puting them in a binder but that's soo much nicer. thanks a bunch Em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea! I should get started. Thanks for the link! And tell John congrats on being a volleyball champ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the worst at journals, I don't even do a blog, but this is really cool! Thanks for the website and the great idea. I may try it. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there Emilee! Don't mind the previous comment from Mike--it was just me, but I didn't realize I was signed in under his account. Anyway, it was great to hear from you...what a pleasant surprise! I love your blog. It sounds like you are doing well--you are so ambitious and I love it! Don't you just love the blog book idea--that is why I am blogging because I am horrible at journaling. My friend prints off a book each year and it is great. Take care--Kerry

    ReplyDelete