Monday, December 15, 2008
Purple Umpa Lumpa’s
Brittney and Brett are moving to Salt Lake this week, which is great because I will move in with them starting in January. When I move in with them I will be only about ten miles away from school which is great! They are awesome for letting me stay with them. To help Brittney out I went over to their home to help them finish cleaning and packing up their belongings. While we were there she had a hair appointment with her friend Christina. I got to help out at that time by holding her infant Zachary. I was a really tough job holding him while she worked ;) Christina really wanted her hair dyed dark and to have a hue of purple in her hair, so Brittney bought some new product that she hadn’t used before and they decided that they would try it out. I came in the salon room a few times to just see how things were going. The purple goo Brittney was painting in her hair was really dark and thick. Once the hair dye had stayed in for 20 minutes Brittney proceeded to wash out the dye. In the process Brit didn’t put plastic gloves back on her hands (because with her other hair dyes the product just washes off with water). To her dismay as she was washing out the purple dye it didn’t come off of her skin. As Brittney continued washing the dye out her hands looked just like a purple Umpa Lumpa. It was so funny! So if that wasn’t bad enough, as she continued washing we discovered that the places the purple dye had touched Christina’s head were also stained the bright purple color (her neck line, above her forehead hairline, and even a little bit got on her ear). The good thing was the fact that her hair was defiantly PURPLE in the end! They both were pretty good sports about it, but I still think it was hilarious to see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only that turns their hands colors. I hate when that happens.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic story! I miss seeing you everyday and hearing about what is going on, thank goodness for blogs! Hey could you bring Heros when you come up for your hospital shadow? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Great Story:) I have to say, the purple has completely come off of my hands now....almost a week later. I think I told you I saw Chris on thursday and she is still as purple as the day we did it. I'm so glad she had such a good attitude about it. I just want you to know how greatful I am for your help that day. I'm really excited for you to live with us. Zach will just love his Aunty Em. Thanx Again. MERRY CHRISTMAS
ReplyDeleteHow funny! That'll be nice to be closer to school. What city will you be in? No more sleeping on the couch? To bad. j/k
ReplyDeleteCam says: Hey Emilee i miss seeing you more than stacy. How is the John time all the time now? well I can't wait to see you back at school and sit one to two people away from you like always. Long live the pharmacy queen. and your my favorite dont tell stacy
Merry Christmas!
That definitely would've been great to see. I actually had a purple mullet before...two different hair appointments gone terribly bad!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! I havn't been on for a long time.... busy with christmas stuff! So it looks like youv'e been busy too
ReplyDeletea) You look great as a 'rock star'
b) Why didn't you tell me you were comming down with Brigg! : ) congrats and let me know his adress!
c)I'm excited for you guys and your new adventures together in Salt Lake! I'm glad the purple finally came off your hands Britt! : )